Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dear Valentines Day

Dear Valentines Day,

This time last year you messed with my mind & my emotions & mocked me by not letting me into the cinema by offering freebies for hand holdy couples, dashing my hopes to see a movie by myself & eat my weight in self pity popcorn.
You also jammed my video player so I couldn't watch Pride & Prejudice which was very bad for my Darcy Syndrome.
You also helped me to discover than my ex boyfriend had not only deleted all of my old photos, but also the DVD player programs off my laptop when he helpfully cleared off my laptop causing me to send him a cringeworthy message asking for help, which he did not reply to because he was no doubt too busy shagging the girl he left me for...this made it very hard to watch the Sex and the City dvd that I bought at the shops after I couldn't get into the movies....and then all that was left was to have a bath and drink a bottle of wine and not drown...I did hope for the drowning bit, in case you didn't notice.

Unfortunately I do remember the last couply Valentines day, and I spent that one alone too....and my boyfriend didn't buy me flowers because you're a shitty holiday and you jacked up the price of flowers by three times and he was a terry tight arse. Thanks for the oriental lillies....NOT !

This year, I am older & wiser & have pre-booked my movie tickets.
Also, I don't need a man as you suggest, as I will be travelling on Brisbane transport this weekend and will be screwed sufficiently by them.


You wont be making me cry this year, but thanks anyway for trying...

Love Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment